The Forest Heritage Centre Inc. is a volunteer, community based not-for-profit organisation specialising in areas of Arts, Culture and the Environment. Located in the beautiful Jarrah forests of Dwellingup, and trading as the Forest Discovery Centre (FDC), the Centre has a vibrant history and was once home to the WA School of Fine Wood.
The Forest Discovery Centre has its own accommodation facility, the Jarrah Forest Lodge (JFL), which provides affordable single, shared and family room spaces with access to modern bathrooms, community kitchen and dining area, recreation room and conference room. An outside gazebo has a seasonal woodfired pizza oven and fire pit for visitors. The JFL enables the organisation to support local artists and the community by providing maker space to run workshops and short courses.
16 Single or Twin Share Cadet Rooms
1 Single Bed (sleeps 1) or 2 Single Beds (sleeps 2)
Queen Cadet Rooms
1 Queen Bed (sleeps 2)
Bunk Cadet Rooms
1 Bunk Bed (sleeps 2)
Family Cadet Rooms- Interconnecting Door
Rooms have interconnecting doors so you may enjoy a Queen plus 1 x Single Bunk, suitable for families.
Family Room 1
One Large Open Room, 1 x Double bed, 2 x Single beds, 1 x Round Table & Chairs
Family Rooms 2 & 3
Three Rooms, 1 x Queen Bed, 2 x Bunk Beds, 1 x Dining Table, 1 x Lounge Area
The Jarrah Forest Lodge has a number of shared facilities. These include a large well equipped commercial kitchen with a spacious dining room, a relaxing recreation room, outdoor BBQ, gazebo area, wood fired pizza oven and shared bathroom/shower facilities.
There is also conference room that is ideal for meetings, group/club activities and retreats, that can be booked for a separate fee.
- Conference Room: $150 per day for Room Hire Only or $100 per day for guests staying at the lodge. Please book the conference room online in teh form above.
- 'Friends of the FDC': 10% Discount off mid week accommodation - please list your 'Friends' membership number in the online booking forms comments section.
- Linen Packs: $18 includes: Lightweight Quilt, Flat Sheet, Pillow & Pillow Case and a Bath Towel.
*** Linen packs may not be available for large groups, schools, or exclusive use bookings, subject to availablility.
*** In winter we recommend bringing additional warm blankets or doonas.
- Care Packages: $30 per person. For those who have been out on the trails and are craving a scrub and good breakfast we can provide you with a ‘Care Package’. This includes the following: small soap, shampoo and conditioner, 130gm baked beans, 250gm bacon, 2 eggs, 1 bread roll, 2 x weetbix, 2 x small butter, fruit, 200ml juice, 600ml milk, 5 x tea bags, 5 x coffee bags. If you would like to order a care package we will add the cost to your room price.
What you will need to bring to the Jarrah Forest Lodge:
- Linen to Suit Room Booked
- Bath Towels
Supply Packages If you are walking the Bibbulmun Track or riding the Munda Biddi Trail we are happy to receive supply packages in the mail that we will leave in your room for you on the day of your arrival. Please let us know if you intend to do this so we are aware that your package needs collecting.
EXCLUSIVE USE LODGE BOOKINGS
Enjoy the advantages of your group having exclusive use of the facilities at Jarrah Forest Lodge. Exclusive use enables you to set up activities / decorations in shared spaces e.g. dining room and recreation room, without needing to be concerned about other guests. Perfect for craft groups, community groups, church groups, schools & large family events:
One Night Exclusive Use:
Take advantage of the opportunity to book only one night’s exclusive use of the 16 Twinshare Rooms, Family Room 1, Family Room 2 and Family Room 3.
Total Cost: $1690 (Deposit of $1000 to hold your booking)
2 Night Exclusive Use
Enjoy accommodation for up to 48 guests in the 16 Twinshare Rooms, Family Room 1, Family Room 2 and Family Room 3.
Total Cost: $3380 (Deposit of $1000 to hold your booking)
Three Night Mid-Week Exclusive Use (10% Discount):
Enjoy accommodation for up to 48 guests in the 16 Twinshare Cadet Rooms, Family Room 1, Family Room 2 and Family Room 3.
Total Cost: $4563 (Deposit of $1000 to hold your booking)
Weekend – Fri, Sat, Sun
Mid-Week – Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu
PAYMENT: 100% payment at time of booking unless by prior arrangement
(Quoted costs are subject to change without notice)
DEPOSIT: For all ‘Exclusive Use’ Bookings, a $1000 deposit is required to hold your booking and will be deducted from your final invoice. We ask to keep your credit / debit card on file to cover excessive cleaning, any loss/damage, including but not limited to appliances, furniture, keys, fittings, fixtures and any unsettled charges relating to your booking.
- Exclusive Use cancellations less than 30 days prior to your booking will incur a forfeit of 50% of booking cost.
- All other cancellations less than 14 days prior to your booking will incur a forfeit of 20% administration fee.
- No refunds will be given for any unused accommodation. E.g. booked to stay 4 nights but only stay 3.
Check in time: 2pm Check out time: 10am
SORRY - NO PETS
Both the Forest Discovery Centre and Jarrah Forest Lodge are leased from the Department for Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions. As a result we are not allowed to have dogs on the grounds.
To book, please use the Booking Form Above.
FOR SAME DAY BOOKINGS: Please call instead of using our Online Booking Form.
Paola 0491 276 028