The Forest Discovery Centre has a number of ideal locations and facilities to cater for your wedding. Whether you have 20 guests or 100, we can provide you with a location to compliment your day beautifully.
The Forest Discovery Centre has 4 basic packages for you to choose from. These packages include the use of the FDC’s venue space, toilets, staffing and cocktail style furniture and decorations. You are welcome to arrange your own furniture and decorations and prices will be adjusted to suit.
The wedding party have access to their chosen venue from 2pm the day before the wedding until 11am the day after allowing them to make any personal touches. These ‘touches’ must be approved by the FDC Manager prior to the event.
The wedding party and guests will have access to the FDC coffee and tea making facilities.
Amphitheatre Ceremony and Ground Photography (up to 3hrs and 100 people)
Hold your ceremony in front of a backdrop of Jarrah and Marri forest while your guests relax on the steps of our newly refurbished amphitheatre. This space can seat up to 100 people. The Forest Discovery Centre can provide a table and two chairs for the marriage certificate signing. The wedding party and guests then have access to the FDC grounds enabling them to make the most of this beautiful environment for photography, including access to the tree top platform and decking. There will be a FDC staff member on site throughout this time to provide assistance with the facilities if needed.
Amphitheatre Wedding/Function (up to 7hrs and 50 people)
After holding your ceremony in the amphitheatre space, continue the celebration with your reception in our tranquil bush environment. This space can be set up with a range of the FDC furniture and decorations to provide a cosy ambience that you and your guests will be able to relax into. There will be a FDC staff member on site throughout this time to provide assistance with the facilities if needed.
Gallery Wedding/Function (up to 7hrs and 50 people)
The Forest Discovery Centre’s gallery, with its curved rammed earth walls and polished Jarrah floorboards is the perfect place for your indoor wedding. This space has wonderful exposed beams which lend themselves to some exciting decorative options. Hire of the gallery space also includes full access to the Amphitheatre for the ceremony. A range of FDC furniture and decorations is also available to the wedding party to use. There will be a FDC staff member on site throughout this time to provide assistance with the facilities if needed.
Small Bush Wedding/Function (up to 7hrs and 50 people)
Outside under the majesty of the towering trees and day/night sky is the perfect place to host your wedding reception. Including furniture for up to 50 people and lighting of the trees, this venue has a striking ‘bush cathedral’ like feel to it. This package also provides access to the FDC Amphitheatre for your ceremony. There will be a FDC staff member on site throughout this time to provide assistance with the facilities if needed.
Large Bush Wedding/Function (up to 7hrs and 100 people)
This ‘bush cathedral’ venue is our largest and can cater for up to 100 people. With all the FDC furniture in use we can provide seating for up to 60 people at a time while your other guests dance and mingle. There will be two FDC staff members on site throughout this time to provide assistance with the facilities if needed.
The Full Package Save 10% (up to 7hrs and 100 people)
This package includes all the benefit of the ‘Large Bush Wedding’ as well as access to our commercial kitchen and 2 nights exclusive use of our accommodation facility at the Jarrah Forest Lodge for up to 52 people. The Jarrah Forest Lodge is located just across the road from the Forest Discovery Centre and is able to sleep guests in a range of twinshare and family rooms. This package is ideal for those who like the simplicity of having everything in the one location. There will be two staff members on site throughout the wedding ceremony and reception to provide assistance with the facilities if needed.
This package is valued at $6170 but you save 10% on the total price.
Commercial Preparation Kitchen
This kitchen space is available for you or your caterer to hire if required. It includes stainless steel food preparation surfaces, fridge / freezer, sinks and electric freestanding 900mm stove and oven. All utensils, pots bowls etc will need to be bought onto site.
Furniture and Decorations List
The FDC owns a range of ‘Shabby Chic/Rustic’ cocktail style furniture and decorations that the wedding party can choose from to ensure that they have the perfect arrangement to suit their group.
- Wooden bar and enamelled bathtubs for drinks service
- 3 x large wooden benches for food service
- Three 'lounge room' areas. includes – single and double lounge chairs, carpets, coffee tables, and table lamps
- 7 x 44 gallon drum bar tables with wooden tops
- 6 x pallet wood bar tables
- 40 x pallet wood bar stools
- 4 x leather seated bar stools
- lighting up a number of the trees
- fairy lights around the venue
- festoon lighting leading into the building
- large number (approx 150) candles in jars and timber stumps around the venue.
- Range of other decorations including; picture frames and mirrors for background decoration against the walls, table lamps, folding partition screens (good with fairy lights and flowers), old ladders and more.
All Forest Discovery Centre furniture required will be set up and packed up by the FDC as part of the quoted price.
Cutlery, Crockery, Glassware
The Forest Discovery Centre has a range of ‘mismatched’ floral crockery, cutlery and glassware that can be hired for your event.
50 or less - $150
50 to 100 - $300
These prices are current to the 1st July 2019. Any weddings booked with a deposit paid before this date will have these prices honoured.
We have a number of service providers that we can recommend including celebrants, caterers, musicians etc to make your planning as simple as possible.
We look forward to working with you to make your special day a magical event that everyone will be talking about for years to come.
Wedding / Function Terms and Conditions
- The Forest Discovery Centre (FDC) will provide a Wedding Proposal including facility hire, dates, and pricing to the Wedding Couple. The Wedding Couple will confirm this proposal in writing to the FDC.
- The Wedding Couple and their guest have exclusive use of the event space for the duration agreed upon.
- If the event takes place during the FDC’s usual hours of operation then the other areas of the facility may be used by its usual clients.
- The venue is available from 2pm the day before the wedding for set up. The FDC will not store or hold any furniture or decorations before this time.
- All of the Wedding Couples decorations, alcohol, food and other possessions must be removed by 11am on the day following the wedding. No storage is available after this time.
- Payment of an initial non-refundable deposit of 30% of the total cost is required to confirm a booking. The payment of this deposit confirms acceptance and acknowledgment of these terms and conditions.
- A second payment of 35% of total cost payment is require 6 months prior to the event and is non-refundable.
- The final payment of the remaining 35% of the total cost is required 3 months before the wedding date and is not refundable.
- A $1000 refundable bond is required to be paid at the same time as the final payment. The bond is to cover damage and cleaning beyond ‘normal’ wear and tear. The obligation by the Wedding Couple for damage or loss to the FDC is not limited to the $1000 bond amount.
- Music noise levels are required by the Shire to be reduced to 78 dB(A) after 10pm, and the music must be completely turned off by 12pm.
- There is strictly no smoking inside any of the building on the FDC or JFL property.
- Ample parking for cars is available at the front of the FDC.
- All alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks and catering are to be provided by the Wedding Couple.
- There will be no responsibility taken by FDC for any loss or damage to guests personal property during the period of the facility hire.
- FDC reserves the right to evict any badly behaved or intoxicated persons from the FDC property.
- The Wedding Couple will be responsible for the decorations of the tables and other area they choose. The FDC has a range of decorations that can be used by the Wedding Couple if they have chosen a package that includes furniture and decorations.
- Footwear needs to be worn at all times.
- Children are strictly the responsibility of their parents/guardians and must be supervised at all times.
- Only biodegradable confetti can be used.
- No pets are allowed on the FDC or JFL properties.
- An FDC staff member will be on site at all times to provide information, and to manage and maintain the facility. They are not available to provide service to the caterers or bar staff etc.